Frequently Asked Questions When Selling Your Home
What is a showing?
A showing takes place either at an open house, which is a scheduled session when anyone can come by without an appointment, or during an appointment scheduled with you or your listing agent.
How do I prepare my house for a showing?
Your KW agent is a great source of advice on specifics for your home preparations so that your house is positioned competitively in the market. Preparations will likely include two phases. During phase one, before photos are taken and before the first showing, you should:
- Clean deeply.
- Paint some or all of your house.
- Do minor repairs such as caulking tubs and windows.
- Make major repairs – if needed and in your budget, such as replacing your counters or appliances.
- Stage your furniture to showcase your home’s best features.
- Remove personal items such as family photos.
- Declutter every surface and storage space.
- Reorganize your closets and pack excess items.
- Eliminate odors by cleaning the fireplace or pulling out musty rugs.
- Add a color scheme with rugs or pillows if needed to warm up your home.
- Upgrade your lighting or light bulbs to make your rooms brighter.
- Spruce up the landscaping.
- Power-wash your decks and sidewalks if needed.
What can I expect when showing my house?
Three important things you can do to help get your house sold are:
- Leave when your house is being shown. Buyers prefer to look at homes when they can move around freely and the owners aren’t there.
- Make your house as available as possible. While it may be inconvenient to show your home at dinnertime or on weekends, buyers who can’t see a property when they’re eager may cross it off their list.
- Listen to any feedback from buyers or agents about ways you can make your home more appealing.
Always coordinate with your Keller Williams Sint Maarten agent for maximum exposure and a faster sale.
Do you want to learn more?
Contact us today for more information!
Interested in selling your property? We can help you with that!
Looking to own your own piece of paradise on the island? We can also help with that!